Friday, March 9, 2012

What I am seeking and what I want to be.

Last night I realized what it is I am seeking in my life. Light and Love. Picture a gloriously sunny, blue sky, spring day and what that does to your soul. That is what my soul needs. Think of all that Light does and means: illumination, clarity, knowledge, warmth, growth. Christ is the source of all Light, the source of all that I seek. "And if your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you." I need to go root out all of the dark places in my soul: anger, selfishness, despair, pride. I want to have every nook and crevice filled with Light. Also, Love. The Love of God is enough. I've known this before but it was just confirmed to me again. The Love of God is enough. That is why "it is the most desirable above all things" and "the most joyous to the soul." When I am filled with the Light and Love of God than I have everything that I want and need: peace, warmth, hope, happiness, love. We talk about holding to the rod,I know now I need to hold to the Light. Right now I need peace and happiness while I walk the path.

"Our Saviors love shines like the sun with perfect light. As from above, it breaks through clouds of strife. Lighting our way, it brings us back into his sight. Where we may stay and share eternal life."

It's sometimes to hard not to feel all alone as we walk the path of life. But I know that we are absolutely never alone, so far from it. Here's a quote I read today that really touched me:

"Please understand that what you see and experience now is not what forever will be. You will not feel loneliness, sorrow, pain, or discouragement forever. We have the faithful promise of God that He will neither forget nor forsake those who incline their hearts to Him. Have hope and faith in that promise. Learn to love your Heavenly Father and become His disciple in word and in deed.

Be assured that if you but hold on, believe in Him, and remain faithful in keeping the commandments, one day you will experience for yourselves the promises revealed to the Apostle Paul: “Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.” Dieter F. Uchtdorf


As it turns out, what I am seeking and what I want to be are the same things. I want to be Light and Love. Have you ever known someone that seems to glow or radiate? I have a good friend that way. (In college she was the one who got all the boys and I think her Light was the main reason for that.) That glow seems to come from goodness, humility, selflessness. It's found in those who honestly strive to walk with the Savior. They bring joy and happiness and peace where they walk. They bring Love. It's funny that I was just thinking about this topic and then I saw this really great video. Watch even just a couple of minutes and you'll get the idea. There seems to be an awful lot of conflict and divisiveness out there. I want to be a source of light and love to others, a reflection of the light and love that I receive from God. I want to be a person who spreads joy, peace, happiness, safety and warmth. I want to be someone who builds people up I want to be Light and Love.

"Scatter sunshine all along the way. Cheer and bless and brighten every passing day."

No comments: