Thanksgiving Weekend: For Thanksgiving Nathan came over and we had a yummy dinner, and I tried this turkey recipe and it turned out super yummy and moist. Best turkey I've ever made! Friday I put up the Chistmas lights outside. Saturday we took the whole family to see the Muppet Movie and put up the Christmas decorations in the house.
The first weekend of December we went and got our fresh tree. It's beautiful and nice and full and seems really fresh. I love a real tree!!
Funny conversations about the tree:
Me: (filling up a pitcher of water)
Benjamin: Can I have some of that water?
M: No, it's for the Christmas tree, the tree is going to drink it.
B: But the tree doesn't have a mouth!
Last Wednesday we went to Zoo lights. It was cold. I don't think we'll do that again anytime soon. On Saturday we went down to Thanksgiving point to drive through the lights there, then we walked around a bit and saw reindeer. Then we came home and had hot chocolate and the kids watch the Rudolph movie. It was a nice evening.
Last night I took Emily to a Messiah Sing-In. It was a lot of fun, and Emily seemed to really enjoy it as well. This Saturday is the Christmas Concert I'm singing in. It's been nice to sing in a small choir again, I miss it. I need to find myself one for next season. This upcoming Sunday we will have some families over to our house for a little Christmas get together and on Tuesday we are going with some friends to the Christmas Carol Service at the Cathedral of the Madeline. We went last year and it was pretty much the most amazing thing I've ever heard, so I'm really looking forward to that.
I'm enjoying listening to lots of Christmas music! The ward choir I direct is singing 4 songs for Christmas. Some of them are tough and they've worked really hard and it's going to be a great service of almost only music! This little ward choir of mine really sounds great and does a good job.
I'm pretty much done with all my Christmas shopping and the stuff is even all wrapped. I'm waiting on one more package and then there's just a couple more things I need to get and a couple of things I need to return. This year, instead of going to the dollar store to have the kids buy presents for each other, we took that money and bought a few toys that we dropped into the Toys for Tots donation box.
No comments:
Post a Comment