I took David in for a check up at the doctor since he just turned nine and it's been a couple of years since he's been in. He weighs 49 lbs. and is 48" tall. Both of those are less than the 5%. Other than being small, he's healthy and even has 20/20 vision in both eyes. At the Blue and Gold Cub Scout Banquet that happened on Feb. 24th, David got his Wolf award. Now he'll be going onto Bears with new leaders. He enjoys scouts a lot. We're still working on helping him get his school stuff done and turned in on time and we are finally having success generally speaking, with the occasional problem.
Joshua just finished up his basketball class. When they are in first and second grade it's just an instructional league, not a real team. He had fun but both he and David want to sign up for soccer that starts next month. I don't know how excited I am about doing another sport with kids on 2 different teams, such is life I guess.
We got a bed for Benjamin last weekend. I'm not sure why I bothered to get a second bed, as Ryan and Benjamin just want to sleep in the same bed. I moved all the toys out of his room to try to get him to sleep better now that he has free reign of his room, so now he often dumps out all the diapers, wipes and clothes in the hamper. He also likes to climb on the dresser and than jump onto his bed, he calls this "flips." Today I found him stuck in between the dresser and his bed and he couldn't get out. That kid is so busy and always into something!
Having strep last weekend was, of course, the worst timing. First, it always happens on a weekend so I have to go into urgent care. Second because of it I missed a Mom/Daughter activity with Emily Sat. morning, seeing the play Hairspray that we had tickets to on Sat. night, and my ward choir singing in church Sun. morning. Being sick is never convenient, especially for a mom. One good thing about it happening on the weekend is that Jonathan was home for the couple of days that it was the worst. In good news, I've lost about 8lbs. since the first of this year. Not too bad, hopefully I can loose another 5 or 6 to be back to where I was when I lost all the weight about 1 1/2 years ago, before I gained most of it back.
No comments:
Post a Comment