Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving and 2 Years

My brothers and Aaron's friend, Camille came up to our place for Thanksgiving. We spent the day just hanging out and eating food. Kyle went sledding with the kids in the front yard.




It was Benjamin's first time to really be out playing in the snow. He seemed to have fun, though he could hardly move himself in all his gear.


On his second time down the hill on the sled he got sprayed in the face with snow. He was not happy about that, but unwilling to go inside. From then on he would cover his face with his hands every time he went down on the sled. It was funny.


Dinner was later than expected because the turkey took longer than expected to cook. But it turned out very yummy as did all of the food. My rolls were, of course, a big hit and Camille brought a really good sweet potato/squash soup. It was nice to relax and hang out with everyone.



On another note, we have now been living here for two years. We moved into our house a couple of days before Thanksgiving in 2008. It's hard to believe we have been here this long as I sometimes still feel kind of new. I still miss Portland and all my friends there. However, since being here I've gotten back into musical theater and been taking voice lessons and had some other great performing opportunities, so that has a been a real positive for me. I also really enjoy being able to spend more time with the family that lives near by. Who knows what the future holds? It's hard for me to imagine being here for a really long time, as we've never been any where for a really long time. I'll just continue to enjoy the advantages I've found in living here.

No comments: