It's been a while since I've posted much on here. I've obviously been quite busy and haven't taken the time to sit down and write about what's going on in our house. My show closes tonight and I'm quite sad about that. It has been SOOO much fun and I will especially miss seeing all my wonderful cast mates all the time. I've made some good friends. I'm sure I won't know what to do with myself being home most evening now. But I am hoping to be doing another show in the summer and rehearsals for it would start in about a month so hopefully I'll soon be nice and busy again. ;) The choir I'm in has their final concert May 15th so I'll soon be done with that for the summer.
Benjamin is finding new ways to get into trouble. He pushes chairs around in order to get up on the counter and he can open the dish washer, even when it's latched. One of his favorite things to do is get out the dish soap and dump it on the floor. He is so cute and sweet and fun though that I forgive him for all the messes I have to clean up after him.
A few weeks ago we noticed that Ryan's right eye was turning in, he was going cross-eyed. I took him into the eye doctor and it turns out he is far sighted. That is a good thing because it means the eye turning in can most likely be solved by glasses. After looking around at many places I found a decent deal and got two pairs plus a year warranty, as I'm sure we'll often have broken or lost glasses when you consider we are dealing with a 3 year old. We are still waiting for the glasses to come in. I'm sure it will be quite a challenge to get him to wear them all the time. I had a hard time even getting him to try glasses on. The doctor said to be sure to put his glasses on him first thing when he wakes up in the morning and worst case scenario he can dilate Ryan's eyes so he won't be able to see anything without the glasses so he'll want them. Hopefully it will only take a few days to get him used to them. I'll post pictures as soon as we get the glasses.
Emily and David just recently had their Spring piano recital and both did a great job. I think we might start Joshua this summer, it should work well since he is already such a great reader. They have just 5 weeks of school left, pretty crazy. We don't really have any plans for the summer. We'll probably do a session of swimming lessons.
We finally got a garden planted, so hopefully that will work out well and we'll soon be able to enjoy some nice fresh veggies and fruit. Although, I think we have some kind of animal underground as I keep finding large mounds of dirt piled up in the yard, mostly along the edge of the fence. Hopefully it doesn't ruin the garden or lawn. We are finally working on fixing our broken sprinkler system, hopefully tomorrow the rain will be gone so Jonathan can fix the broken pipe in the front and we'll be able to use the sprinklers this year.
2 comments:
I can't imagine trying to get Noelle to wear glasses. She enjoys trying on sun glasses in the car, but quickly takes them off. I hope it goes well for Ryan. I miss you guys, I hope you have a great summer.
We have large mounds of dirt at our fence line too. Gophers!! Hate them.
Post a Comment