David turned 8 a week ago on Tuesday. We had his favorite food for dinner that night, chocolate chip pancakes and bacon. Saturday was a super busy day as I had my first musical rehearsal in the morning and then we had David's birthday party at 1 and then had his baptism afterward. For his party I decided to do a snow party. I didn't want a bunch of kids inside my house all that time. So they brought sleds and went sledding down the hill in our front yard. I'm amazed we didn't have to take anyone to the hospital given we had lots of crazy kids all trying to sled in a small space. They weren't very good at making sure no one was at the bottom before they went down and it often turned into bumper sleds. But the kids had fun doing it and we luckily had just enough snow to make it work. We tried to do a couple of games in the backyard but we only got to one (dog sled races, the kids took turns pulling each other in a sled,) before it started to rain. We then went inside and had hot chocolate, opened presents and then had cake and ice cream.
David's baptism was at 4 and there were 2 other kids from our ward also getting baptized. We were blessed to have quite a bit of family show up. My brothers, the Ericksons and my Aunt Kandie and Uncle Bruce Dayton, and Jonathan's Aunt Rosemary and Uncle Roy Schmidt also came. It was very nice, even if I did have to spend half the time listening to Joshua ask when we were going home. Everyone then came over to our house after for food. (I spent several days last week cleaning, making food, etc.) It was a great day and great to have everyone there, but it was busy and a lot of work and I'm glad it's all over. On a side note, I think I left my coat hanging up in the foyer in the church. Hopefully when I can get there to check it will be there.
1 comment:
Congrats to David! It looks like everything was a success. Hopefully you can have more sledding parties, that sounds like it was really fun.
Post a Comment