Friday, January 15, 2010

Back to Life

Christmas break was fun and busy and stressful with company at our house and then leaving straight to Fresno for a week, getting back just in time to go back to school and work. I've been having a really hard time getting back into the swing of things, and we're now almost 2 weeks past it all! I think a big reason for that is everyone has gotten sick one at a time and I've had kids home from school and husbands home from work and to end it all up I've gotten it myself. Joshua was sick the Sunday we got home, then that Monday I took David into the doctor and he had an ear infection, Benjamin was sick most of last week and he was so grumpy I could never put him down. Emily threw up just this past Monday morning and was home from school and Ryan has kind of been struggling with it last weekend into this week and Jonathan was home M-W of this week and I started feeling not great Tuesday and am still not completely better. Luckily it's been nothing really serious, just a cold for most of us. (Being sick is especially a pain when you're trying to do a lot of singing!!) Hopefully though everyone will be healthy by next week and I can then try to motivate myself to get into a good routine and be nice and productive. One big goal of mine is to do a major toy purge. We have way too much stuff, half of which is either broken, junk, or never played with. It's also time to get rid of all the summer baby clothes as the Kid 2 Kid store is now accepting summer stuff. So I guess those will be my projects for next week. That and I'm also working on printing my blog out into a book. The same place I used to print out a book of family photos has an option to download your blog into the software, then just edit it up and they'll print it for you. (blurb.com) So maybe all those projects will take up the next 2 weeks, depends on how motivated I am. I also need to do some cleaning in the garage, but it's cold. On a positive note, I have lost 3 of my 5 holiday pounds just by eating less. Hopefully soon I can get myself a treadmill.

No comments: