Monday, August 10, 2009

Lagoon

3 Things I Learned at Lagoon:

1. In my old age roller coasters now make me kind of sick. That is very sad! =(
2. Emily and David are little daredevils and went on most rides and loved every minute of it.
3. The Rocket is the best ride!!



On Saturday we went to Lagoon with the Ericksons. It was a very fun day! We got there when it opened at 10am and were there till 10:30 at night. It was actually perfect weather. It was only a high of about 70. It was supposed to rain in the afternoon, but it never did. It was nice not to be roasting hot! Of course, we didn't get to go to the water park part, but there was plenty to keep us busy. They kids were so excited and had been counting down the days for a couple of weeks. I printed off a map of the park a few days before we went and they had a lot fun looking at it and talking about all the rides they were going to go on. This was their first real amusement park and they thought it was great that "all of the rides where free." They had so much being able to go on whatever they wanted, as much as they wanted. Emily and David even went on a couple of the roller coasters and loved it. Ryan was pretty funny, he would go on any ride we would take him on and even if he was scared he wouldn't scream or cry he would just sit there.

Benjamin was very good considering he basically sat in the stroller all day long and only got one nap that was about an hour long. He wouldn't go to sleep that night and started to get real fussy around 9:30pm. We fed him lots of snacks and he had fun making faces at every body.



It was fun going with the Ericksons. Even Jonathan and I were able to go on some rides as everyone took turns watching younger kids (thanks Megan and Maria.) We all went on the Ferris Wheel together and Jonathan was freaking out, only because, he said, no one was strapped in. He's not a real fan of heights. It was a really fun day and went smoother than I imagined it would considering all the young kids.

2 comments:

Amy Nielson said...

I have found that same thing with roller coasters for me. Pretty sad! I used to love to go on any and all. The bigger the better. Not so much anymore. :(

Emma Crowther said...

I love Lagoon. When I moved to America to attend high school I live in Farmington and all the high school kids worked at Lagoon for the summer. So I spent almost every day there getting to know people before the school year started. Local residents get free entrance to Lagoon, not free rides though.