Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School!!

I am very excited that school has started! Oh, and the kids are excited too. =) Emily is in 4th grade, David in 2nd grade and Joshua is starting kindergarten. While we were discussing this morning the names of all of the kids teachers to see if they remembered, Ryan asked, "Who is my teacher?" I replied, "Mommy." He thinks that is great. I drove the kids to school because I had to stay for a little kindergarten orientation thing. The school is under construction and is pretty much a huge mess inside and out. Hopefully they get the inside taken care of quickly. Emily and David were both pretty excited, I'm not sure about Joshua. He was having some issues. He was crying because he wanted to play instead of sit and listen, crying because he wanted to go home, crying because he didn't want to go home, crying because he wanted to walk home. And that was all in a 30 minute time period! They only had the short orientation meeting for kindergarten today and then there is no kindergarten all this week because they are doing individual assessments. So I have one more week to go with 3 kids at home then I'm down to 2!

2 comments:

FoxyJ said...

Yay for school! Hopefully Josh will figure out that it's actually a fun place to be. I have a feeling it will be like that when our little guy starts school in two years--he does not handle transitions as well as his sister does.

Riley's said...

admit it, you are done having children! My husband announced at the campfire friday night he wants a fourth. I about wet myself.