Friday, August 14, 2009

Dissapointment

Unfortunately, disappointments both big and small, seem to make up a large part of our experience in this life. I had my own disappointment this morning. I've been looking for a choir to join here and after doing some research auditioned for two choirs that I was interested in and that fit my schedule. The first choir I auditioned for quite a while ago and just found out this week that I have been accepted into it. The second choir was a small chamber choir, my top choice, and I auditioned for it several weeks ago. The director was very positive and told me I had a "beautiful voice." Earlier this week he asked me to come back and sing for the choir's vocal coach. The vocal coach complimented my range, technic and musical phrasing and said he personally would love to have me in the group. I couldn't help but get my hopes up. I REALLY wanted to be in this choir, this was the ultimate choir I would love to sing in forever, not a choir to sing in for a few years and then move onto something better. I mentioned to Jonathan that it was all too good to be true, nothing this good was going to happen to me. There was only one spot open for a woman, he reauditioned 3 people. He informed me this morning he gave the spot to someone else.

I will be singing in the Salt Lake Choral Artist's Concert Choir as a first soprano. It is a good choir with a good director that does good music. It's drawback for me is the size, 150 people. I prefer a smaller choir where you really matter as an individual, (hence my desire to be in the other choir.) All the choirs around here seem to be quite big though, I think this place has some type of Mo-Tab complex. It will be fun to be in a choir again.

2 comments:

FoxyJ said...

It's too bad you didn't get into the one you really wanted, but it still sounds like fun. Let us know when you're performing and we'll see if we can come :)

Emma Crowther said...

I am happy you got into one of the choirs you wanted. I often feel that way too, that if it's too good to be true then it won't happen to me. I think we do that to protect ourselves from rejection or disappointments in life.