Monday, August 31, 2009

The Big Apple

We go to New York City one week from Thursday. We have been planning this for a long time I am beyond excited!!! We will be there for 6 days/5 nights and my wonderful parents are coming out to watch the kids while we're gone. This is the first time the two of us have been on a vacation since having kids, and we hit our 10 year anniversary last December, so I'm counting this as kind of a second honeymoon.

I've been having lots of fun planning the whole thing out. Here's a condensed version of our itinerary so you can all be jealous of the great things we're going to be doing! =)

Thursday, Sept 10
Flight arrives at JFK at 3:25pm
Hotel: Club Quarters, Midtown
Blue Note Jazz Club

Friday
U.S. Open - Women's Semifinals and Men's Quarterfinals is scheduled
Wicked

Saturday
Hop-on-hop-off bus tour of downtown with stops at all the sights
Broadway play (we plan to do the 1/2 off same day tickets)

Sunday
Central Park
Metropolitan Museum of Art
MOMA
Gotham Comedy Club

Monday
Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island (and we have tickets to get into the monument.)
Live taping of The Colbert Report

Tuesday
American Museum of Natural History
Flight to come home leaves at 4:15pm

5 comments:

B.G. Christensen said...

Can I come?

FoxyJ said...

Me too? Sounds like a lot of fun; we are officially jealous.

Jason and Jessica Bills said...

You are going to have a great time! I love New York City.

Tiffany said...

How exciting! I have never been you will have to let me know how everything is. Have fun.

Amber said...

Wow. I'm letting you plan all my trips from now on! Have fun! (Wear your walking shoes!)