
Friday morning I had to be at the Tabernacle at 5:30 am in the morning. I took part in a regional choir that sang at the Days of '47 Sunrise Service that took place at 7am. It was very cool to sing in the Tabernacle and we sang some great music and had a wonderful director!
Later that day my sister, Heather, and the Ericksons (Jonathan's oldest sister) came for a BBQ and some game playing. Then we headed to a neighborhood fireworks show just down the street that was a lot of fun. Too bad someone decided to call the cops to complain that the music they were playing along with the fireworks show was too loud!
On Saturday we decided to take the kids down to Liberty Park for the first time. It is a very fun park, and there is water that sprays out for the kids to play in. I've been looking for a park with water (there were several in Oregon,) and was glad to finally find one. Then Saturday night we went out to dinner at Rodizio Grill in Salt Lake with some family and friends to celebrate my birthday. For my birthday I told Jonathan to get me nothing because I have already bought myself some new clothes as part of a combination birthday, going to New York, losing weight reward shopping spree.

Then Sunday afternoon we headed up into Ogden Canyon up to Powder Mountain to visit with my Uncle Jon and his family who are staying the week at a time share up there. It was very fun to visit as I haven't seen the rest of the family except Jon in almost 12 years. His kids are all grown up. They are great kids. I'm glad we got to spend some time with them.
1 comment:
Sounds like fun! When exactly are you going to New York? Do you get to visit a broadway show?
Post a Comment