Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Megan's Wedding

On Saturday, my neice, Megan, was married in the Manti Temple. The Manti Temple is a beautiful temple, though very far away in the middle of nowhere. At one point on the way there we had to stop because there were sheep in the road. It was also surprisingly busy. Jeff's (who is Megan's now husband,) grandfather sealed them. It was a very nice ceremony. There was then a simple lunch at a park in Manti. You couldn't have asked for nicer weather!


Megan's reception was held at a reception center. I've decided this is the way to go. There is enough to do without having to set up and clean up and do it all yourself. Luckily I only have one daughter so hopefully I can afford it. It was a wonderful day and I don't think I've ever seen Jeff smile so much. I hope they will have a wonderful life together!


Jeff's grandpa recited this poem in the sealing, I think it is incredibly beautiful!

Because you come to me with naught save love
And hold my hand and lift mine eyes above
A wider world of hope and joy I see
Because you come to me

Because you speak to me in accents sweet
I find the roses waking 'round my feet
And I am led through tears and joy to thee
Because you speak to me

Because God made thee mine, I'll cherish thee
Through light and darkness through all time to be
And pray His love may make our love divine
Because God made thee mine

1 comment:

Meg said...

How do you do that with the pictures?