Thursday, April 30, 2009

Scale

I bought a scale yesterday. I'll probably regret it because I'm sure it won't cooperate. So as of this morning, I have 15lbs to lose to get to my goal weight. Unfortunately, I don't know where I was when I started except for a general guess based on what I remember weighing quite a few weeks ago on the scale at the doctors office, fully clothed and shoed, when I got strep the second time. I do think I have lost a few pounds in the week and couple of days of my new diet. I'm very impressed with how well I have stuck to my diet! I went to this before school food thing the kids could bring their moms too and I didn't eat anything (my choices where bagels or muffins,) and for dessert at book club I just ate one mini cheesecake thing. Still working on getting more exercise, baby steps. Plus, I think changing what I eat and eating less will have more impact on weight loss anyway since my workouts won't ever really be high-intesity, massive calorie burning affairs any way.

So any expert advice on realistically how long 15lbs. will take me to lose? Again, my body seems to be stubborn about shedding pounds, and it seems to me that when you need to lose say 50 pounds or so, the first 15 of that are easier, versuses just needing to lose 15. Is that just a myth? So onward I go, hopefully with results because I don't do well at sticking to things without tangible results. I plan to weigh-in once a week, so stay tuned. Your my own little support group without having to pay Weight Watcher fees. =)

4 comments:

Meli said...

Don't plan on more than around 3 pounds per month. You may get more than that but probably not consistently. Luckily, that fits pretty well with your goal of being skinny in September. Good luck!

desiree said...

Just stick to it NO MATTER WHAT! Consistency will be the key, so try not and get discouraged. Unfortunately we don't drop "l-bs" like the men do.... so a few pounds a month, without much exercise, is probably the most realistic. If you threw in a decent amount of exercise... it might only take you a couple of months. Good luck. Keep us all posted and keep your chin up, but out of the freezer, fridge, and cupboards! ;)

desiree said...

I meant to say... "try not TO get discouraged." not "and"

Heidi said...

I used myfooddiary.com to track my eating habits. It really taught me a lot. I eventually figured out how to plan my meals (especially dinner) so they were in a certain calorie range. They say those who keep a record of eating are more aware of it and do better on their diets. You could also check out thedailyplate.com. I just recently found it so I did't use it personally, but it looks pretty good.

It sure was fun getting together the other day with all the roommies! I can't wait to do it again!