A couple of weeks ago I took Benjamin and Joshua in for checkups. Benjamin was in for his 9 months check up and just like Emily and Ryan he has fallen off his growth curve and slowed down his growing. He weighed 16lbs. 12 oz. (less than 5%) and was 27 1/2" long (25%) I assured the doctor this is par for the course in our house. Hopefully we can avoid pointless blood work and tests with him and hopefully he'll gain some weight.
Joshua on the other hand is officially my biggest kid. He was in for a late 5 year checkup and to get shots so I could finally register him for Kindergarten. He weighed 40 1/2 lbs. (30%) and is 43 1/2" long (50%) They are both healthy though, although they both had to have 3 shots. Now I just need to go find Joshua's birth certificate so I can finally turn in the school paperwork, since it was due a month ago!
3 comments:
My kids were both the same way; S-Boogie especially. She weighed 16 pounds at 6 months and then weighed 17 at one year. Surprisingly my doctor didn't make a big deal out of it, but I know a lot of people lately whose doctors have been bothered by slow growth. She's still tiny and has trouble gaining weight; the other day she got on our scale and I realized that she only weighed 39, which is what she weighed last summer at her checkup.
My friends 2 month old baby weighs as much as Benjamin!!
I can't wait to see you guys and the kids. Benjamin is going to look SO big compared to the last time we saw him!
Concerning your last comment to me... yeah, that would be nice. But unfortunately we're both the aruging type. If it's not me, it's him and vice versa. So stubborn!!!
Post a Comment