Last weeks trauma:
Our ice machine often gets a piece of ice stuck in the back and makes this annoying clicking noise. Saturday evening I was trying to get a piece of ice out and somehow, I still don't know how, the index finger of my right hand got stuck in the ice maker. I quickly realized it was very stuck and yelled for Jonathan to come help. Then my finger froze to the ice maker. It was truly and incredibly stuck!! I flipped out!! I just knew I was going to lose the tip of my finger or, once I realized it was frozen as well as being stuck, that I was going to rip all my skin off getting it out. Jonathan kept trying to calm me down because he was worried I was going to go into shock or something, but his pauses to tell me to calm down just made me more upset because I didn't want to calm down, I wanted my finger out!! Finally with lots of hot water being dumped over my hand to unfreeze and Jonathan prying apart the little place I was stuck in, we got it out. We guess that it was stuck for more than 5 minutes but less then 10 minutes. My boys were pretty upset and freaked out because I had been freaking out so much. While I did not lose the tip of my finger or rip off any skin, I do believe that it suffered frost bite. I still don't have normal feeling in it (it's a challenge right now just to type this.) But hopefully it will eventually get back to normal! So while I know it sounds dumb to say that I got my finger stuck in the ice maker, it was in truth a very traumatic experience, so no one better be laughing right now!!
2 comments:
I would have been freaking out too! I remember when I was a kid I saw a "Rescue 911" show about a guy who managed to get his face frozen to the inside of his freezer; between that and "A Christmas Story" I've always been a little freaked out about getting myself frozen to things!
When I was a kid I got my tongue stuck on the ice in our freezer. I was pretty freaked out then too. How is your finger feeling today?
Post a Comment