Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Weather

For the last couple of weeks we have been having quite pleasant weather. It has been in the 30/40's during the day, no precipitation, and the sun has been out (big change from our last couple of winters!) However, this nice weather has led to some terrible, filthy, smoggy yuckiness! It's kind of ironic that the more nice days we have the worst the air quality gets. The air quality for the last several days has been orange - unhealthy. Only one level higher at red - very unhealthy. We're not used to this at all, FL has no pollution because there is nothing to trap it in and it rains a lot, the Bay area is not too bad because you're close to the ocean and there is quite a bit of rain in the winter. Oregon is a very environmentally friendly place, plus they have lots of rain to keep things clear. Oh, and we've never lived amidst smoke spewing factories before either! Luckily, I guess, it's supposed to start raining/snowing tomorrow for a while and that will clear the air. So to get good air I have to put up with snow! Ugh, I can't win.

1 comment:

Amy Nielson said...

That's what we get to deal with all the time here in Central Valley. It's quite unhealthy and not good for people with asthma/allergies. I didn't know UT was getting so bad with their air too.