So after 2 1/2 weeks of living in a hotel we finally got to move into our house last Tuesday. Granted, the hotel was very nice with a kitchen, living room, and two bedrooms and two bathrooms. But 7 people in approximately 600 sq. ft. (Jonathan's estimate,) was enough to drive me crazy. The closing on our house in OR got delayed several days because of the buyers incompetent realtor/lender so that delayed our closing on the house here also. When we got to move in we found the house hadn't been cleaned in months and the seller left behind anything he didn't want. Cleaning someone else toilets is disgusting! Thankfully someone in the ward watched the kids all day and someone else came over and helped clean! We are slowly but surely getting settled in. It seems to be taking longer than I remember in the past, but then I realize I have two more kids than the last time I did this and one is a baby. But most of the major stuff is done now.
We all like the house. I think it will be good for our family. It feels very big and we can't ever find each other in it. Joshua has several times asked where his room is. Ryan has several times said he want's to go home. I think I'll lose ten ponds going up and down all the stairs.
The kids seem to really like their school and have made friends. I've also made a couple of friends and everyone here has been very friendly.
3 comments:
Glad you are settling in. I'd be super upset about the cleaning thing; our apartment had some icky spots when we moved in and it was so frustrating!
YEA!!! Glad you're getting back to life!
I bet it is feeling great to be settled in. Have you decorated for Christmas? I love having Christmas in a new house this year!
Post a Comment