Thursday, May 22, 2008

One Month!

My due date is officially one month from today! It's really quite hard to believe this pregnancy is almost over. It has actually gone pretty quick and setting aside the first trimester, which is always terrible, this pregnancy hasn't really been that bad. I've generally felt OK and I so far haven't gained too much weight and I don't think I'm as big as I've been with most of my others (though it's hard to remember and know for sure.) Hopefully that means not as big of a baby as most of my others.



So now that I'm close to delivery, I thought I would publish my "birth plan." I'm due the 22nd of June, but I am planning for the baby to be born on Friday, June 28th. I'm just being realistic here, I'm always late! Plus my mom isn't coming out till 2 weeks after the due date, so this way I'll only have a week flying solo before she comes. I plan to go into the hospital around 6 or 7 in the morning and I would like the baby to be born naturally (meaning no C-section, not no epidural) by around noon. This summer is too busy to have to recover from a C-section, plus I can't afford the extra cost. I plan for my epidural to work very well this time. I plan to spend Friday night in the hospital and then go home Saturday evening after dinner, again saving money as well as another night of pokes and prods. I would like Jonathan to take Monday off also to help get adjusted, but that will depend on his work situation. With this plan I get Jonathan home for the maximum number of days with him missing a minimum number of days from work.

So there you have it. I feel this is a very reasonable plan and I figure if He didn't give me a girl, He could at least let me have a nice labor and delivery. =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Famouse roommate quote: Man makes plans and God laughs :)

Julie said...

LOL! My luck he'll end up being EARLY, the one time I don't want it!