One of the worst things about being a parent of young children has got to be cleaning up throw up! (Potty training is pretty bad too.) What I would like to know if at what age does a child get up and go to a toilet, sink,or bowl other proper throw-up receptacle instead of just throwing up all over themselves and their bed?
It started with Ryan on Tuesday morning and he spent a couple of days not feeling well, though he only threw up twice and it wasn't much at all because he didn't happen to have much in his stomach. Last night it started with Josh and then David (and I mean middle of the night!) I was up probably 7 times with different kids throwing up and changing sheets, etc. Emily hasn't thrown up yet, but she has been saying her stomach hurts a little, so it's probably only a matter of time. So it looks like the kids will be spending all day laying in front of the tv and I will be spending all day doing laundry! Washing sheets, bedding and large blankets that were used to make beds after they threw up in their own beds makes for a lot of loads. At least it is a rainy, gloomy day outside to match. It would be sad if it was a beautiful day and we couldn't enjoy it. I feel kind of bad that the poor kids have to spend their 3 days off sitting around the house because people are sick. Oh well, there's always Spring Break in a week and a half.
Well, Joshua has been wanting to eat for a long time, and I've been putting him off as long as I can. Here's hoping a piece of toast and a little juice doesn't set him off again.
3 comments:
Ugh! Throw up is definitely the worst thing to clean up, especially in the middle of the night. I hope you're all feeling better soon.
I was up with you! We were all sick earlier in the week but it was Mary's turn last night (4AM, just after feeding the baby). Luckily she did make it to the toilet! It is a beautiful day outside though and I guess we're missing dance class (again)! Good luck and hang in there!
Have you considered making them all drink out of the same glass so they all get it together and get it over with (instead of dragging it out over a week?). I've heard of it but never had the guts to try it!!!!! :)
Post a Comment