Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Damsels in Distress and Cheerios


Emily seems to have some kind of obsession with the whole "damsel in distress" scenario. She is constantly tying up dolls or herself and playing that they need to be rescued. She uses hair elastics and ribbons to tie things up. She likes to have her own hands tied behind her back and then someone has to go save her. I've found Barbie dolls with their hands and feet bound with hair elastics tied to the leg of the crib. Here she has stranded a Lego figure (note it's a girl Lego figure) on top of a very tall Lego tower and her arms are pinned by a hair bow.


The other day we were outside playing and Joshua was riding his trike around on the deck. He says to me, "Watch how fast I can go, Mommy." He then proceeds to speed as fast as he can to the other side of the deck. He then says, "I think I can go faster than a cheerio. Maybe I could get away from cheerios if they were chasing me." (In case you didn't catch it, he meant cheetahs, not cheerios.)


Last night he wanted to go to bed like this, with sunglasses and hat on and with his Batman ninja sword. He can be a very funny kid sometimes.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Faster than a cheerio :o). Cute.