Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My love affair with the library

I just love the library. (Well, sometimes. It could be the subject of another post what I don't like about the library, but this one is about why I love it.) Why buy a book or pay to rent or buy a movie, when I can find almost anything I am looking for at the library? Then I just request a hold and the nice people at the library, who apparently all have masters degrees =), will find it for me at whatever library in the county it may be at, send it to my library, put it on a shelf with my name on it and it waits there for me to go pick it up. Granted, sometimes I have to wait, especially for popular recent movies, because 200 other people have also requested it, but that's usually not a big deal. (Hence, we sometimes do rent movies because Jonathan is too impatient to wait.) I can even find LDS stuff there! I just now requested two Sheri Dew books that I've been wanting to read. Sweet stuff!

No comments: