Friday, September 14, 2007

Mother of multiple children

So, I was on my friends blog watching video clips of her very darling little boy (their first child) doing lots of cute "tricks" such as making animal noises, blowing kisses, and playing peek-a-boo. It made me realize the difference between a first or even second child versus a third or fourth child. I remember very well spending lots of time with Emily in such endeavors as: What does the cow say? Play patty cake. What color is the sky? Wave buh-bye. Where is your nose? Blow me a kiss. Spell Mississippi. Find a cure for cancer.

But unfortunately, the more kids I have, the less time I spend doing those things. Maybe not everyone is as bad a mother as I am, but I do bet it has quite a lot to do with the multiple children thing. Ryan's best trick right now probably consists of being able to get anything he wants because he screams in a very loud, very high pitched voice so you do whatever it takes to make it stop. (Not a bad trick actually, maybe we should all try it.)

So, to my dear friend and her little boy, enjoy this wonderful time. And to Ryan, sorry kiddo, but you're pretty much on your own. =)

No comments: