Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Choir Time
Well, after much research looking up potential choirs to join, 4 auditions, and then 2 acceptances (a third one wanted me too, but it turned out they rehearsed on Tuesdays, which is when Jonathan is at scouts,) I have decided to join the Choral Arts Ensemble of Portland. I'm very excited to start singing in a choir again. I love singing in a good group with a good director and since leaving school I haven't had much opportunity to do so. Plus this experience has been a big boost to my self-confidence to be accepted into 3 of the 4 choirs I auditioned for, and I only auditioned for ones that looked to be high caliber groups. The Choral Arts Ensemble is a mixed group (men and women) of about 40 people. This year is their 39th season. According to it's website, the CAE is "regarded as one of the finest choral ensembles in the Northwest," and "as we desire to perform the best choral music of all times and styles, we seek singers with extraordinary musical skills and a desire to exceed even their own previous standards. Thus, the standards we expect potential members to meet are necessarily high." So I'm happy to be given the opportunity to sing with them (to be truthful I was surprised because after I finished my audition I would have guessed I didn't get in.) Hopefully it will be a great learning experience and lots of fun. We start rehearsing the 27th and I can't wait. Since I know you are all dying to know more about my new adventure here is the groups website (although most of it is not up to date): http://www.caeportland.com/index.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations! We are so proud of all you do and who you are.
Dad
Post a Comment